Sunday, October 28, 2012

4:00 am

It's 4:00 am and I am so rudely sweetly awaken by the pitter patter of little feet. I try to ignore it at first thinking I am just hearing things.  Then I hear the little voices.  I try to tell myself maybe they are just talking in their sleep, but then it grows louder.  I can no longer ignore it, for fear they will wake the one baby still left sleeping.  I walk in their room to two wide awake little ones.  There is NO WAY they are going back to sleep now.  I tell them to play quietly, that it is very early.  I go back to my room, and turn on their monitor thinking I will be able to get a few minutes of sleep as long as I can hear them.  Of course I can't sleep, I am too worried someone might cut a finger off, or start the house on fire. (At 4:00 in the morning, I'm not thinking clearly)   So here we are. All three are awake now, because it was only a matter of time before they woke Juliet up. I think I will have some coffee now, and enjoy the early morning time with all my babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...