Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Circle Time Schedule

  • Devotions
    • After devotions we have complete silence for one minute. I set a timer for this. They practice listening during this one minute. (How can you hear the Father if you are always talking?)
  • Calendar
    • Counting
    • Day
    • Month
    • Year
    • Weather
  • Colors
  • Shapes
  • Going on a Bear Hunt (Action Song)-Video coming soon
  • ABC's
    • Amazing Action Alphabet by The See Hear Do company ( This is fantastic.  It puts the letter and sound it makes with an action.  My kids love it)  We do a letter a week.
  • Read a book out loud to them (Sometimes I choose, sometimes they do)
  • Go over the house rules
  • I usually go over a simple worksheet like rhyming, matching, patterns, etc
  • Practice writing letter of the week.  (We don't do this everyday.)

I don't always do bear hunt, but I try to do some little action song or finger play, like Bunny Foo Foo, Where is Thumbkin, Five little Monkey's, etc.
I also have a felt board I sometimes use, and we read lots of books through out the day.

I found an amazing book called, The Complete Daily Curriculum for Early Childhood. It has tons of different craft ideas, recipes, songs, different age appropriate activities, etc. I think I have the first addition.  The reviews were better for the first addition. However, if you go with the first addition, you will probably have to get it used.  I did buy a used copy, but it was in great shape.  It was well worth it.  I wish I had it when I was teaching Preschool.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...