Thursday, October 18, 2012

Jada Part One

     Jada was born healthy, weighing 7 pounds 6 ounces, and 19 inches.  She is our first daughter and a very welcomed addition.
  Two weeks after Jada was born I began having severe heart burn and vomiting.  Two trips to the emergency room, one trip to the doctor, and an ultrasound later revealed, I had gall stones and was in need of surgery. 
    Five weeks after Jada was born, I had my gall bladder removed. The day I was released from the hospital was the day Jada  was hospitalized at UNM children's hospital.  We originally took her to our "local" ER for what we thought was impetigo.  While in the ER they found her white blood cell count was up.  So they sent her to UNM. A hospital three hours away from home. While at the hospital, they did continuous rounds of antibiotics and antiviral medication. They thought she might have a cold sore, which can be deadly in newborns.
    There was an extra twin bed in her hospital room, so my husband and I crammed on that itty bitty bed every night.  When Jada woke in the middle of the night, I would carefully crawl out of bed while Justin got Jada.  As soon as I was situated, he would hand her to me so I could nurse her.  We were so thankful she was not a colicky baby. She handled the whole ordeal beautifully.  We spent three nights in the hospital, and they could not find what was wrong with her.  After her white blood cell count came down, they sent us home with impetigo medicine.  This was just the beginning of her issues.
Jada Part Two
Jada Part Three
Jada Part Four

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...