Monday, October 22, 2012

Jada Part Three

    Read Jada Part One
    Read Jada Part Two
    Read Jada Part Four
     Sometime during all her health issues, Jada developed eczema.   It was getting so bad that I would have to use a prescription just to get it cleared up.  She also developed a yeast issue. YIKES!

      A month or two after I stopped breastfeeding her, she developed a small bladder infection.  So guess what she had to take to get rid of it.  That's right more antibiotics.  Shortly after she did her round of antibiotics, I notices a weird rash "down there"  Turns out she had a yeast infection.  As soon as we would get it cleared up, she would get another one.  This happened over and over.  

     We finally took her to a homeopathic doctor, who suggested we have blood work done on her.  The blood work would determine what she was allergic to.  So we had the blood work done. When I looked at the results, I thought, "What in the world am I going to feed her?"
It showed she was having a bad reaction to anything with gluten in it, most dairy, some nuts, and a few other things.

     So we started our gluten free, dairy free adventure.  After about a week, I started to notice a reduction in the eczema and severity of the yeast infections.  After two weeks on the diet, she got the worst yeast rash/infection I had ever seen.  It went up her belly, and down her legs.  The eczema seemed like it was everywhere and severe in some places.  I thought no way is this happening.

     I was able to get her eczema cleared up with some medication. The homeopathic Dr. gave her some natural supplements to take, we also had to use Monistat on her. (Which was approved by our family doctor at the start of her yeast rash/infections, also it's not used in the exact same way as on adults)

     I continued with the diet.  Since then, Jada has not had ANY eczema outbreaks.   Sometimes she will sneak a bit of food that has gluten in it. As a result she will get a bit of a yeast rash/infection, but nothing like we were dealing with before we started the diet.

     I have since added some dairy back into her diet, but not much. I am hoping this will be the end of her health issues.  I don't know if she will have to be gluten free for the rest of her life, but for now she will stay gluten free. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...