Saturday, October 20, 2012

Jada's Birth Story

      It was snowing heavily when I woke up to use the restroom.  Justin got up also to add more wood to the fire.  When I laid back down I felt an uncomfortable pop.  I told Justin I thought my water just broke.  He asked if I was sure, I said yes.  He called his parents to come over to watch Josiah. 
     My mom had already come down, and was staying out in a camper.  So, Justin, my mom, and I all loaded up in our truck.  We started our trip to the hospital.  I should tell you the hospital is an hour and 15 minutes away in good conditions.
     There was 18 inches of snow on the road and still snowing.  The snow plows had not even been out yet.  I thought to my self, "It will be OK, we have time, it took Josiah 17 hours to come out."  Then the contractions grew stronger, and stronger.  Pretty soon they were three minutes apart and I thought to myself, "We are not going to make it." I wanted him to drive faster,  but he couldn't. It would have been too dangerous. 
     Finally after two and a  half gruelling hours, we made it. We got checked in, and in our room.  I asked the nurse if I could stand up, and she said no.  What I didn't know at the time, was this particular nurse had never seen a vaginal birth, only cesareans.  Finally another nurse came in, and I asked her if I could stand, she told me yes.
   A few contractions later, I asked if they could check me.  Sure enough I was ready to push.  After 10-15 minutes of pushing, Jada joined the world sunny side up. She was 7 pounds 6 ounces and 20 inches.  We had only been at the hospital for 30 minutes.
     This was a much easier birth than Josiah's.  I couldn't believe how great I felt afterwards.

Juliet's Birth Story
Josiah's Birth Story






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...