Thursday, November 8, 2012

Black Bean Tacos

I found a similar recipe on the label of a bag on onions that I purchased. They were originally suppose to be flautas, but after changing it a bit, I am not sure you can call them that.  They are surprisingly delicious, and healthy.  Even the kids like them.


Coconut oil
1 med onion
2 cloves minced garlic
2 tsp chili powder
16 oz salsa -divided
1 cup corn
2 -15 oz cans black beans
fresh cilantro
corn tortillas
1 cup water

Saute onions and garlic
Stir in Black beans, Chili powder, and 1 cup water
Simmer until most of the liquid is evaporated
Remove from heat
Stir in 1 cup salsa, cilantro and corn (Sometimes I use a little less salsa)
Set aside
Fry corn tortillas in coconut oil just until they are soft and pliable. (This was my Mother in Law's idea)
Fill with bean mixture top with salsa, guacamole or sour cream

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...