Saturday, January 12, 2013

37 Weeks and The Countdown Begins

I have not written very many post lately for two reasons, first Juliet broke my computer, and second it has been a really rough couple of weeks, with kids being sick and ER visits.  I think every one is better.  After all the sickness and stress, I developed a fever blister.  In case you don't know, if an infant contracts a fever blister it can be deadly to them.  So I am really hoping it is healed by the time Jameson comes.

At my last prenatal appointment, the midwife did not want to check me.  She wants me to try and rest up before the baby is born, and also she didn't want to start labor by checking me.  So, I am not sure how close I am to delivering, could be this week could be later.

I had a Braxton Hicks contraction so strong, last night, it woke me up from a dead sleep. They are getting stronger and more frequent still.  I am getting more tired, smiling less and getting ready to be done. I have swelling in my legs, feet, and hands, and the swelling is just starting in my face. I usually would feel done at this point, only the thought of child birth really scares me this time around. I went in to the hospital a month or so ago to get checked out, because of all the contractions I was having,  and the smell of the hospital brought back the memory of labor pains. So, I can remember the pain, and am not looking forward to it.  I am looking forward to holding Jameson though.

2 comments:

  1. Prayers are with you Jenny for fast, safe, and labor with the least pain possible. Like you said can't wait for it to be over and for you to have that wonderful blessing in your arms.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...