Sunday, January 20, 2013

Jameson's Birth Story

I went to my midwife appointment on February 18th.  I was dilated to 3 cm, so she went ahead a striped me.  I really thought it was going to go fast.  I started having sporadic contractions, but nothing bad.  The next day I was still having sporadic contractions, so we had breakfast, walked a bit, and decided to go get checked just to see if anything was happening.  When we arrived at the hospital, there was some confusion on how much I was really dilated. Apparently after so many children the cervix does weird things.  They decided I was 5 cm but called my midwife to come check me just to be sure.  When she checked I was 5 1/2 -6 cm.  We decided to break my water to see if that would help things along.  By the time they broke my water I was 7 cm.   I thought for sure the contractions would pick right up and we would have a baby in no time.  The contractions took a while to pick up but they eventually did.  Then I though he would fly right out like Juliet, I was wrong again.  I had just a little lip left on my cervix that wasn't budging, and his head wasn't molding. (Josiah's head did not mold either).  When she told me that, my heart broke, and I remembered how hard it was to push Josiah out, and the horrible tearing I had.  Everybody was wonderful my midwife rubbed  my back and the nurse and Justin held my legs. The doctor was also wonderful.  Justin was also amazing. I would not have been able to do it with out Justin' s help.
After I got him passed the little lip on the cervix, he came out in just a few pushes.  The midwife immediately spotted a knot in the umbilical cord.  We are so thankful it didn't cause any complications, or worse during the pregnancy. Afterword I only needed one little stitch. It was definitely a new labor and delivery experience for me. I am thankful we are both doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...