Friday, January 18, 2013

Pregnancy update

I saw the midwife today.  I am 3 cm dialated, but thick.  She went ahead and striped my membranes.  I am having sporadic cramping, but nothing timeable, or  painful.  We are doing a lot of walking to see if that will help start the labor process.

I am starting to have contractions about every 13 to 15 minutes.  Hoping it's the real thing and the contractions don't fizzle out. We walked a bunch, had some lunch, and are now getting ready to check into the hotel.  We will walk some more later if contractions don't get closer together.

It doesn't really look like anything is going to happen any time soon.  The contractions are still sporadic.

Well, it is a new morning and no baby.  So we wait some more.  If the contractions pick back up again, even sporadically, we will go to labor and delivery before coming home. That way we can see if I have dilated and thinned anymore. If I have, we might stay another night. If not we get to go home to our other babies.  I am really missing them.  This was my first night away from Juliet.

We are getting ready to head to the hospital to see if anything is happening. It will be a couple of hours before we know anything.

I am at the hospital.  They think I am at 5 cm dilated.  They called the midwife in to come check so we are waiting for her to confirm that I am 5 cm.  None of the contractions are super painful, so I am not sure what is going on.

Just saw midwife I am at 5 to 6 cm dilated. We are going to go ahead have them break my water.  I am trying not to be scared. Hopefully the baby will be here in a few hours.

They broke my water at 1:00 I was at a 7. I am having contractions, but they are very bearable. I have never had a labor like this. I asked them if th contractions would get stronger right before delivery and they said they might not. So we are just waiting to finish dilating and to be able to start pushing. I am hoping they don't get stronger. That would be so great and unbelievable.


Jameson has arrived! 6lbs 15oz. Details to follow.



Will update as soon as we know anything


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...