Tuesday, March 12, 2013

A Beautiful Mess

I like cooking with my kids. However, lately it has been very unpleasant.  We don't have a lot of counter space, which creates a tight squeeze when everyone is trying to help cook. This leads to comments such as "She's touching me" and "Moooom he's on my chair."  Which then leads to pushing and shoving. Then I have to stop what I am doing and take care of the matter at hand. This creates a very unpleasant experience for the kids and me.
Today at nap I was laying there thinking about it, and I have solved the problem.  I am embarrassed that I didn't think of this before now.
We set up everything on the table and everybody had there own spot.  I gathered the ingredients and cooking utensils out of the cupboards, and the kids took them to the table.  Everybody took turns measuring, pouring, and mixing, even Juliet got her turn. We had to take a little break in the middle of adding the ingredients, all the baking made Jameson hungry. They all had a turn filling the muffin tins.  After we baked them, they all had a muffin.
 It's a joy to be able to teach them how to bake!
It was a beautiful mess we created while baking together.

All ready to start!


Mixing it up!




Filling the muffin tins.


Behold their gluten free Pumpkin Spice Muffins!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...