Friday, May 10, 2013

Juliet vs. the Bladder Infection

Yesterday morning I walked into Juliet's room to get her up for the day, and I noticed she did not pop right up to greet me. She just laid there watching Josiah and Jada play. When I picked her up, I also noticed she was warmer than usual and her little checks were rosy. For the remainder of the morning she only wanted to snuggle with me. She didn't want to go play with Josiah and Jada. Then it happened; when she started to go potty, she cried and pulled at her diaper. Earlier this week, I notice her pulling at her diaper, but nothing like she was now doing. I decided to take her to the ER. Grammy came over to watch the kids, while I went to find Justin to see if he could go with me. Thankfully he was able to finished up what he was doing to come with me to the ER. So off to the ER we went. Juliet was able to sleep most of the way. When we arrived at the hospital, I went in with Juliet while Justin stayed outside with Jameson. After telling them what was going on, they taped a little pee bag (I'm sure there is a more technical term for this) to her so they could collect a sample. After a few hours, she started squirming and fussing. Then she started rolling around crying holding her back saying, "hurts, hurts." I felt so bad for her.  There was nothing I could do, but snuggle her. After she settled down, I checked her little pee bag, and sure enough she had gone pee. The nurse came and collected the sample. Meanwhile, Justin came in to be with Juliet, and I went out to nurse Jameson. After about 30-45 minutes, it was determined she had a bladder infection, and Juliet was released with an order for a prescription.
She is feeling a little better today. She is still saying her back hurts, and she is in some pain when she pees. I have been trying to make her as comfortable as possible. I am hoping tomorrow she feel a lot better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...