Thursday, August 8, 2013

Christian Light Education


Josiah is officially a homeschooler! I have spent countless hours searching for that perfect curriculum. I have poured over reviews and asked other home school mamas what they do. What I have found is that the perfect homschool curriculum does not exist. After deciding on a curriculum, then changing my mind, then changing my mind again, I finally settled on a few different things. The core curriculum I've decided on is Christian Light Education.  I was going to start Josiah out in kindergarten this year, but after I ordered Christian Light Education's kindergarten curriculum I realized he was too advanced for it. I ordered their placement test to see if he was ready for 1st grade and sure enough he was.  I am doing CLE's, Learning to Read, Reading, LA, and Math programs. I am also going to do A Beka science and Road Trip USA with both Josiah and Jada. I will continue to do circle time with Josiah, Jada and Juliet.
 CLE is a curriculum designed by Mennonites. Each subject contains workbooks called light units. There are usually 10 per subject. Their prices are reasonable, and from what I have learned from my research is that CLE is a sound curriculum that has received excellent reviews.
 I am very excited about this upcoming year. Josiah just took his first test in Learning to Read and scored a 98 on it. The math portion seems to be moving fast, but he is doing well on it. Once he is done with Leaning to Read, he can move on to Reading and Language Arts.

See Christian Light Education's Achievement Averages here.
Read more CLE reviews here.
Christian Light Education Update.



9 comments:

  1. We love using CLE! The Learning to Read books are a very gentle start but I will warn you it really picks up the pace the second half of the year. The stories in the readers are great and my children just
    ove them...including my reluctant reader. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! The review on your blog about Christian Light actually helped in the curriculum decision process!

      Delete
    2. You are right that the perfect curriculum doesn't exist for everyone but we can find the best fit for our own families. I love CLE and am glad that my post was helpful for you. Enjoy the journey!

      Delete
  2. After many years of homeschooling, my only regret is that I didn't stick with CLE Language Arts and Math. I assure you that you will not find a more thorough, well taught, easy to understand curriculum out there. It is also very affordable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After using it for a year, I still really like the core subjects. I imagine I will end up sticking with it. I am glad to know you really liked it too. Thanks for stoping by!

      Delete
  3. Hi Jenny,
    I love your blog! I am going to start using CLE hopefully in January even though it's mid year. Even though I have lots of workbooks I am ready to start following a curriculum and am glad to see you really like theirs.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I really love CLE. I'm going to start Jada on the Learning to Read program after Jackson is born! I think you are really going to like it. It's so easy to follow.!

      Delete
  4. Hi Jenny,
    I love your blog! I am finally going to start using CLE so that I can take out some of the guesswork!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...