Saturday, July 26, 2014

Zucchini Afredo

I found the original recipe here. I made a few changes to it to make it taste even better, in our opinion.
The kids love it too! I make this about once a week when the zucchini is in full swing.

1 package fettichini noodles
 3 tablespoons coconut oil
 3 cloves garlic, minced

1 small onion
 4 cups shredded zucchini 
 1/2 cup milk 
 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed 
 Sprinkle  of basil 
 salt and pepper to taste
Cayenne pepper 5 shakes plus or minus of the small bottle (I'm so precise ;) ) 
 Grated Parmesan cheese 
Bring a large pot of  water to a boil. Add noodles and cook until done. 
Heat the coconut oil in a pan over medium heat. Sauté onion and garlic. Add the zucchini, and cook until most of the liquid is gone. Add milk and cream cheese. Mix until the cream cheese is melted.  Add the basil, cayenne, salt and pepper, and parmesan cheese. Serve over the cooked pasta.
Enjoy!

I've  used gluten free noodles and it is still good.
Also I think the sauce is so good I like to double it.
 I didn't try it last year, but I think it would be good over spaghetti squash rather than regular noodles.  Another thing I want to try this year is adding red bell peppers. 
If the sauce feels too dry I just add a little more milk.


1 comment:

  1. I love you!! How could I be so lucky to have another beautiful grandchild!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...