Thursday, November 20, 2014

When Things Don't Go As Planned

It has been a rough few weeks. Out of no where I developed a cough. It seemed innocent enough. Not bad. Then it got worse and worse. I went to the Dr shortly after the cough started, and he prescribed me a few things. However, the cough kept getting worse. Soon I wasn't even able to talk or walk with out having a coughing fit. One night was so bad all I could think was that if this gets any worse I am literally not going to be able to breath. Justin contacted the midwife and Dr. the next morning.  We were able to get a hold of the midwife first. She prescribed us some more things including antibiotics. The next morning was the first morning I actually felt a little better instead of worse. It's been over a week since I've taken the antibiotics and I still feel week and am still trying to shake the cough. That was hands down the sickest I have ever been, not including the times I had my gallbladder and appendix removed. I've had bronchitis before and this was much worse. Justin ended up taking three work days off work, not including weekends, to stay home to take care of the kids and me. When I was finally able to take care of myself, my mother in law took the kids during the day for us. After all this, I am so thankful for my health. I am also thankful no one else got sick.

Other than that, this pregnancy seems to be going well. The heart murmur has started back up, but I'm not having tons of palpitations. It is hard to catch my breath when I go to lay down, but I'm not sure if that's from the cough, the pregnancy or my heart. I'm am just over 27 weeks now. I should have about 11 more weeks left, if I deliver early like I have with all my other pregnancies. I am ready to be done. Although labor is one of my biggest fears.

The kids are doing great. Getting bigger and smarter every day. I just love them so much. I missed them terribly when I was sick. I am glad to be back to taking care of them. Josiah is doing great with school. I'm planning on finishing up first grade before the baby is born. His reading skills are improving more and more everyday. It's very exciting! After the baby arrives, and when I feel up to it, Josiah will start second grade. I will also start Jada on the Learning to Read program from CLE. 

Jada is eager for the baby to arrive. She keeps trying to feel the baby move, but hasn't felt anything yet. Soon though! She likes to talk to him and touch my belly. She loves taking care of Jameson. She thinks it's the greatest when I let her change his diaper and get him dressed. Jameson will often look for her in the mornings, because he know she will play with him. It's so sweet. She use to be really into cats, but now she wants a bird that can talk. I told her when she is twelve she can start saving up for one. 

Juliet is getting more and more excited about the baby. She talks about how she is going to hold him. She assures me she will not let Jameson hold the baby though. Every time I have a Dr. appointment, she asked if I am going to be bringing the baby back. She is our little smiley. She generally has a smile on. She is such a nut, she kills me.

Jameson is getting smarter and more active by the day. If I can't find something, I ask him if he knows where it is at. He can generally find it, only because he watched me or one of the other kids put the item there earlier and remembered. He is still not talking, but he is active and smart. He keeps me on my toes.

She is a nut!


I took my eye off him for one second.

She has a lizard by her neck. She just loves those creatures.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...