Friday, February 20, 2015

Three Weeks


It's has already been three weeks since Jackson's birth! Time is flying. He is such a good baby. I think this is the most any of our kids have ever slept at this age. He sleeps, eats, and poops. He rarely cries. He usually gets a little fussy right around dinner time, but it's very manageable. He has had some congestion at night, just like the others did at this age. When it's bad I go out to the couch at night with him, or I walk around with him until the congestion settles down. He has also been smiling. I was able to get it on video. I can't believe how early he is smiling. It might just be mimicking, but I don't care. I think it super sweet.
I have to say everything is so much easier wih him. I have my newborn routines down, I know how to do everything, and I'm also not worried about every little thing. We are having a great time with him.

Jameson has warmed up to him. He likes touching Jacksons head. Who wouldn't? With all that hair, it's the softest thing I have ever felt. Juliet loves rubbing her face on his head. Jada is learning how to change his diaper. She usually can't wait until the next diaper change so she can help. Josiah likes holding him every now and then, but he's not really into babies. 
We are not sure where all Jackson's dark hair came from, but we love it. We thought we could only have blondies with very little hair. Jackson has tons of hair with curls! It's beautiful. It's super curly after bath time, though it does eventually flatten out after a while.


About two weeks after Jackson was born, I was sleeping in a bit when Justin came in to the room and said,, "You have to see this!" He showed me a video of all the kids working together to clean the kitchen, when Justin asked them why they were doing it they said that they were helping me out since I wasn't feeling well. They unloaded and loaded the dishwasher, put things away, and scrubbed the counters. It was the sweetest thing ever! I love being a mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...