Saturday, May 23, 2015

Jada VS The Bookshelf

I was in the laundry room folding clothes when I heard a thunk and some crying. Around here there are a lot of thunks and a lot of crying. It's usually never serious. I wasn't concerned, until I heard, "Jada has blood dripping!" I ran to Jada and found lots of blood coming from her head. I could not find where it was coming from at first. Then I found it. I immediately knew it needed stitches. I do not handle these situations well. I almost called 911 however, I was able to get a hold of Justin and he called his mom, Penny, to come over and take a look. Meanwhile, I got the blood flow stopped, and I made another call to find someone to come watch the kids while I took Jada to the ER. After Penny looked at it, and Pam arrived to watch the kids, we loaded up Jackson and Jada. Penny followed  me to the ER. By the time we got loaded up in the car, Jada had already stopped crying. By the time I was driving down the road,  she was singing. I met Justin at the ER, and we went in with Jada while Penny stayed out in the car with Jackson.
When we got into the ER, it was packed. We had to wait to get a room. After we got a room, they put some topical numbing solution on her wound. Then they cleaned it out. She barely even flinched during the process. A little while later the Dr. came in and put two staples in her head. She didn't even cry. She whimpered and held my hands tight, but she didn't cry. She's one tough girl! We finished up with a trip to get ice cream.
She is doing well and still wild. The two staples in her head haven't slowed her down one bit. She freaks me out with all the crazy things she does.
So what happened? Well, when Jada was making her bed, she went to step off  her bed, lost her balance and fell backwards onto the edge of the bookshelf. She recreated the experience for me when we got home from the ER. I thought she he hit the corner of the bookshelf, but it was one of the shelves on the bookshelf that she hit. I'm so glad she is ok. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...